2020 Election Coverage: Local Economy
95bFM's Wire team has focused on issues and policy regarding Aotearoa's local economy for our 2020 election coverage.
- Aneeka speaks to Bjoern Spreitzer, the General Manager of Tourism New Zealand's domestic tourism team, about the value and importance of stimulating our domestic tourism market.
- Hanna speaks to Rod Oram, business journalist and political commentator, about minimum wage and whether low wages are necessary to sustain the economy.
- James speaks to Mark Gosling, CEO of the Trust Arena, about the future of the events industry and what support they need from the government.
- Justin speaks to Phil Twyford, the Labour party's spokesperson on transport, about Labour's rail policy.
- Oscar speaks to Mark Ross, of Agcarm, and Sarah Smuts-Kennedy, of For The Love of Bees, about innovation in our agricultural sector.
You can find more election coverage pieces here including interviews with party representatives regarding each of their local economy policies.