Contribute to 95bFM
95bFM is New Zealand’s oldest independent broadcaster and a registered charity. Our independence means we’re able create the kind of radio you love, free from corporate pressures. Rather than getting our funding from sinister monopolistic media companies, we’re supported by NZonAir, by charitable organisations, by the money we receive from sponsorships and advertising, and by you - our listeners.
Our mission is give voice to underground music from Auckland and beyond, to support independent journalism, and to foster a local arts community which is diverse, experimental, and ambitious.
If you want to help out and get involved, there are a couple of ways.
First of all, there’s the bCard. The bCard is a 95bFM institution updated for the digital era. Think of it as a monthly subscription, but charitable. For as little as $4.20 a month you’ll help us to train the next generation of thinking news journalists, champion emerging New Zealand music talent, and allow us to keep resisting the revenue from shouty Saint Pierre’s ads. Plus, you get access to a whole raft of bCard-exclusive discounts.
Then, there’s our Givealittle page. You don’t get access to our bCard bEnefits but you do get a 33% tax credit applied automatically (via payroll giving) or at the end of financial year (for credit card plans); and, most importantly, you’ll keep the flame of independent, no-bullshit media and music alive.
Here’s how to give a little goodness to your favourite radio station:
- Go to Givealittle and REGISTER an account. Once you have registered on Givealittle, you'll be able to log in by clicking the LOG IN button at the top of the homepage.
- Go to the bFM Organisation Page and click on the blue Add To Plan tab at the top of the page
- Select ‘I want to Create A New Plan’ and then Continue
- You’ll then decide whether to set your monthly donation up via a credit card or payroll giving and follow the prompts for the option you choose. (Payroll giving means you request that your employer makes a deduction from your pay prior to tax being applied. You receive your tax credit instantly which saves the hassle of filing your charity donation receipts to IRD at year end. Easy peasy).
- For a step by step guide click here and for support, email email@example.com