Work at 95bFM
95bFM Digital News Sub-Editor
95bFM is more than just a radio station. It’s an icon of Tāmaki Makaurau independent media that has been a leader in New Zealand music, news, and culture for more than fifty years.
Throughout our history, our News and Editorial Team has set a high standard for independent journalism. In a media landscape increasingly driven by KPIs and sensationalism, we pride ourselves on the strength, clarity, and authenticity of our editorial voice.
We’re looking for someone to join our team with an understanding of 95bFM’s perspective and values. Someone with a passion for journalism, a keen understanding of digital media, and an eye for distinctive visual presentation. We’re looking for someone who can help bring 95bFM’s incisive journalism to a new audience.
As our new Digital News Sub-Editor you will:
- Work with our journalists to adapt broadcast news pieces into written, video, and visual digital news content
- Oversee the publishing and promotion of these pieces across 95bFM’s website and social media; Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Manage a team of news volunteers to run our social media and online news channels
- Collaborate with our News and Editorial Director to develop a competitive digital media strategy for 95bFM
- Ensure that 95bFM’s editorial voice and journalistic values are upheld across our digital news media
This is a part-time, fixed term role, supported by NZ On Air and the Public Interest Journalism Fund. You’ll need to be a great communicator, highly motivated and self-directed, with a keen sense of time management and organisation.
If you would like to be part of a cutting edge broadcaster and a fantastic team of people, apply by emailing your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Sunday 30 January, 2022.