Recipe: Nanny Thelma's Cheese Scones
Listen and Bake:
Makes 12 - and one more for the baker.
- 2 heaped cups of plain flour
- 4 levelled tsps of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of table salt
- 1 1/2 Cups of grated cheese
- 1 cup of milk
Pre-heat your oven to 210 degrees Celsius - fan-bake if possible.
- Assemble all of your dry ingredients in a large bowl. With a knife, mix them all together.
- Pour in your milk into the bowl, and with splashes of water, mix until you’ve got a soft wet-ish dough.
- Sprinkle more plain flour onto a dry surface, then transfer the dough to the powdered surface.
- Kneed the dough, continuing to add more flour to the dough until it is no longer sticky.
- Squish the dough to an inch in width.
- Dip your scone cutter into some flour before you cut around the edges of your dough. Continue to cut until you need to reshape your dough to cut more.
- Place your cut dough onto an oven tray - then place into a pre-heated oven of 210 degrees Celsius for 12 minutes.
- Let your scones cool down before serving with butter, peanut butter, jam, cream, whatever you want - we don’t care too much what you use.