The Wire with Stewart: October 17, 2019
The Wire with Stewart: October 17, 2019The Wire with Stewart: October 17, 2019
Stewart's back and it's a Wire for the history books, with two producers in studio at the same time! Mary-Margaret and Justin are back this week.
On the show:
- With the news that Mediaworks has made some pretty major cuts to comedy and reality TV shows, Stewart Sowman-Lund speaks to journalist Philip Matthews. He’s the co-author of Funny As, a book about the history of Kiwi Comedy. Stewart gets his thoughts on what the cuts and cancellations to comedy programming might mean for the future of the industry.
- Then, Labour Party MP and Justice Minister Andrew Little is here. Today, he talks about last week’s polling and a new counter terrorism bill
- After that, Mary-Margaret learns about zero waste packaging with K Rd vintage shop, Crushes, who have just installed their latest initiative
- Plus, producer Sherry asks Education Minister Chris Hipkins about amendments made to Pastoral Care laws for students in Halls of Residences
- Then, International Desk is back - Justin delves into some history on the Turkey offensive into Syria.
All that plus a chaotic Poll Position and some texts from our listeners. It's The Thursday Wire and it's wired as.