Work at 95bFM
Programming Assistant & Booker
95bFM is more than yr fave radio station. It’s an icon of Tāmaki Makaurau independent media that has been a leader in New Zealand music, news, and culture for more than fifty years.
None of that would be possible without our dedicated programming team, managing the on-air content of the station from playlisting to interviews, content creation to live performance.
We’re looking for someone to join our team who has a unique love and understanding of local, national, and international music scenes and trends. Someone with an understanding of 95bFM’s heritage and voice. We’re looking for someone who can help maintain our position at the forefront of music broadcasting and events.
As our new Programming Assistant and Booker your duties would include:
- Daily scheduling of the programming logs within our playout software.
- Acting as the station's live music booker alongside our Programme Director and Events Manager - taking advice on artist suitability; working to briefs for events; working to event process deadlines; prioritising NZonAir Music requirements.
- Loading and placing pre-recorded shows.
- Listening to music submitted to 95bFM and preparing for playlist consideration.
- Actively sourcing non-submitted music for playlist consideration.
- Ensuring volunteers complete key tasks, such as podcasting, within accepted timeframes.
- Training volunteers in playout software use; overseeing archiving of media libraries (CD/LP).
- Submitting reports as required to NZonAir; RadioScope; SRN; APRA.
- Various general tasks as required by our Programme Director, Events Manager, and General Manager.
- Working alongside volunteers at station events as mentor/EM assist.
You’ll need to be highly motivated and self-directed, with a keen sense of time management and organisation. You’ll also need to have some knowledge of basic backline set-up, live audio, and digital audio editing.
If you would like to be part of a cutting edge broadcaster and a fantastic family of people, apply by emailing your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by C.O.B. 7 February 2020.