The Wire with Stewart: February 5, 2019
The Wire with Stewart: February 5, 2019The Wire with Stewart: February 5, 2019
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Stewart Sowman-Lund is back from oblivion to host this week's show - and it's packed to the brim.
- There are calls for New Zealanders to learn more about our colonial past in schools - the chair of the History Teachers’ Association chats to Stewart about a new petition asking for exactly that.
- Plus, should New Zealand just outright ban cigarettes? It’s being proposed in Hawaii. ASH spokesman Ben Youdan talks to Stewart.
- Then, Our European correspondent Mary-Margaret Slack is back for another week. What's the latest Brexit developments?
- Plus, Green Desk is here as usual: This week Mitchell talks to University of Canterbury Associate Professor of Engineering Dr Aaron Marshall, about his almost zero-waste solution for treating acid waste and discarded zinc
- After that, Liv talks about the outcomes of The Australian Royal Commission’s investigation into their financial sector and what this might mean for New Zealand.
- And finally for our weekly international segment, Lisa reports on the latest developments of the political crisis in Venezuela.